|250||ml||Plain yoghurt (1 cup), room temperature|
|1||Large egg, beaten|
|5||ml||Salt (1 tsp)|
|60||ml||Brown sugar (4 tbsp)|
|30||g||Margarine (2 tbsp), cut into pieces|
|240||g||Cake flour (2 x 250 ml / 2 cups)|
|140||g||Whole-wheat flour (1 x 250 ml / 1 cup)|
|120||g||Museli (½ cup)|
|7||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 stick pack)|
|Beaten egg, to brush|
|Museli, to sprinkle|
- Remove the pan from the bread machine.
- Make sure the paddle is in position and secure.
- Place the yoghurt, lukewarm water, egg, salt, sugar and margarine into the pan.
- Add the 2 different flours and the museli and insert the pan into the bread machine.
- Make a shallow well in the flour and add the Anchor Instant Yeast
- Switch the machine on and press menu 1 – Basic setting.
- Select 900 g/1 lb/1.5 lb size loaf and medium colour settings.
- Check selections and press start.
- Optional: When the time indicates 1h15, open lid carefully and brush the top gently with beaten egg and sprinkle with a little museli. Close lid gently.
- When the cycle is complete, remove pan and cool for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool.
The yoghurt may be substituted with buttermilk for a rich, creamy flavour and softer texture. Brown sugar may also be substituted with syrup or honey. Use 4 tablespoons.