|500||g||Cake flour (4 x 250 ml / 4 cups)|
|10||ml||Salt (2 tsp)|
|5||ml||Sugar (1 tsp)|
|45||g||Margarine (3 tbsp)|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)|
|300||ml||Lukewarm water (approx. 1¼ cups)|
|Oil, to fry|
|30||ml||Oil (2 tbsp)|
|250||g||Lean beef, cut into strips|
|5||ml||Crushed garlic (1 tsp), optional|
|10||ml||Soya sauce (2 tsp)|
|Seasoning, to taste|
- Mix all dry ingredients together, then rub the margarine into the flour with the fingertips. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Add enough lukewarm water to form a soft dough and knead the dough well until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, cover with greased plastic and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Knock the dough down, divide into 16 equal pieces and roll into thin circles.
- Brush a frying pan with a little oil, heat and fry the dough wraps on both sides until light brown. Keep warm. (Oil the pan when necessary).
- Heat the oil for the filling, fry the beef strips until browned, add the rest of the ingredients and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
- Place the filling onto the dough wrap and fold over to form a pocket. Secure with a toothpick if necessary.
Any topping or filling can be used for the above recipes. Be creative with a variety of choices. 'Leftovers' can also be used, together with your favourite sauces for Wrap 'n Snacks.