|1||kg||Cake or bread flour (8 cups)|
|15||ml||Salt (3 tsp)|
|60||ml||Sugar (4 tbsp)|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)|
|625||ml||Lukewarm water (2½ cups)|
|Oil, for frying|
|Cooked mince filling or other of own choice|
|Butter and Jam|
- Mix flour, salt and sugar together and rub the margarine into the flour, with the fingertips. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Add the lukewarm water to the flour mixture to form soft dough. Add a little more water, if necessary. Knead the dough until smooth and elastic. Cover with greased plastic and rest for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, pour oil in a large saucepan and heat. Place a piece of dough into the oil to test the heat. (Slight bubbles around the dough, is an indication that the oil has warmed enough to be used).
- Pinch off desired size pieces from the risen dough, pull slightly flat and fry. Allow to colour on the one side for about 5 minutes and turn. Fry for a further 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towel or brown paper.
- Serve filled with cooked mince, butter and grated cheese or butter and jam.