|500||g||Cake flour (4 x 250 ml / 4 cups)|
|10||ml||Salt (2 tsp)|
|5||ml||Sugar (1 tsp)|
|45||g||Margarine (3 tbsp)|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)|
|300||ml||Lukewarm water (approx. 1¼ cups)|
|250||ml||Mixed vegetables (1 cup)|
|100||g||Cheddar cheese, grated (250 ml) (1 cup)|
|30||ml||Oil (2 tbsp)|
|30||ml||Water (2 tbsp)|
|30||ml||Tomato puree or tomato sauce (2 tbsp)|
|2||ml||Salt (¼ tsp)|
|2||ml||Mixed herbs (¼ tsp)|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
- Mix all dry ingredients together, then rub the margarine into the flour with the fingertips. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Add enough lukewarm water to form a soft dough and knead the dough well until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, cover with greased plastic and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling together and season to taste.
- Knock the dough down, roughly divide the dough into 20 pieces and add to the vegetable mixture. Stir lightly until the dough is coated with the filling.
- Place the dough and filling mixture into a greased 23 cm-round-cake tin, cover with greased plastic and allow to rise in a warm place until double in volume, about 25 – 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C / 400 °F for 20 – 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Mix together 250 ml (1 cup) Mozzarella cheese, grated; 30 ml (2 tbsp) salsa; 60 ml (4 tbsp) mayonnaise and 1 tin tuna, flaked. Season to taste.
Mix together 30 ml (2 tbsp) salsa; 5 ml (1 tsp) prepared mustard (125 ml / ½ cup), pineapple, chopped; 100 g (250 ml) salami chopped and 125 ml (½ cup) Feta cheese, crumbled. Season to taste.