|500||g||Cake Flour (4 x 250 ml / 4 cups)|
|5||ml||Salt (1 tsp)|
|80||ml||Sugar (⅓ cup)|
|Pinch of Nutmeg|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)|
|250||ml||Warm Milk (1 cup)|
|250||ml||Lukewarm Water (1 cup)|
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Add salt, sugar and nutmeg and mix.
- Rub the margarine into the flour with the fingertips.
- Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Mix the eggs, warm milk and lukewarm water together. Allow to cool until fairly cold and add to the mixture. Beat until smooth with no lumps.
- Cover with greased plastic and allow to rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Before using, stir down batter and transfer into a jug.
- Pour batter into a heated Waffle Maker. Close and bake until golden brown.
- Serve warm with syrup and whipped cream, ice cream or any sweet or savoury accompaniment of your choice.