|360||g||Cake flour (3 x 250 ml / 3 cups)|
|5||ml||Salt (1 tsp)|
|60||ml||Sugar (4 tbsp)|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)|
|1||Large egg, beaten|
|60||ml||Lukewarm water (¼ cup)|
|60||ml||Lukewarm milk (¼ cup)|
|75||g||Dried fruit cake mix (125 ml)|
|60||g||Pecan nuts, (125 ml), chopped|
|20||Green cherries, chopped|
|20||Red cherries, chopped|
|Beaten egg, to brush|
|Melted butter, to drizzle|
|Icing sugar, to dust|
- Mix all dry ingredients together and rub the margarine into the flour with the fingertips. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Mix beaten egg, lukewarm water and milk together and add to the dry ingredients to form a soft dough.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, cover with greased plastic and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Knock the dough down and work in the dried fruit cake mix. Cover and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Knead the marzipan until soft and roll into a roll.
- Knock the dough down and press into an oval shape of 22 x 18 cm, about 5 mm thick.
- Brush the surface with beaten egg and sprinkle with chopped nuts and cherries. Place the marzipan roll down the centre of the oval, lengthwise.
- Fold the one half of the dough over the marzipan towards the other edge, placing the top edge slightly away from the edge. Press down to seal and fold the bottom edge back over the top edge. Use the side of the hand, press a ridge down the centre of the shaped Stollen.
- Place onto a greased baking tray, cover with greased plastic and leave to rise in a warm place for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Brush lightly with beaten egg and bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C/350 °F for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly and drizzle the top with melted butter and dust with icing sugar. Allow to set and repeat the process to form a thick layer of icing.
- Wrap well or store in an airtight container for at least 1 week before serving.