|360||g||Cake flour (3 x 250 ml / 3 cups)|
|5||ml||Salt (1 tsp)|
|45||ml||Sugar (3 tbsp)|
|60||g||Oil (4 tbsp)|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)|
|250||ml||Lukewarm water (1 cup) (⅓ warm water + ⅔ cold water)|
|1||Large egg, beaten|
|Milk, to brush|
|50||g||Cheddar cheese, grated|
- Mix flour, salt and sugar together. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Mix the lukewarm water, oil and beaten egg together and add to the flour mixture to form soft dough.
- Mix the dough well for 15 minutes, until the flour is thoroughly blended in the batter. Cover with greased plastic and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Knock the dough down and drop spoonful’s into lightly greased muffin pans and making sure to divide the mixture equally, so each hollow is half full.
- Cover with greased plastic and rise in a warm place for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Brush lightly with milk and sprinkle each with a little grated cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C / 400 °F for 12 – 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
After the resting of the batter, when knocking down, any of the following ingredients can be added – 150 ml raisins; 150 ml chopped nuts or 125 ml chopped spinach mixed with 50 g Feta cheese.