|300||ml||Lukewarm water (1¼ cup)|
|10||ml||Salt (2 tsp )|
|15||ml||Sugar (1 tbsp)|
|30||g||Margarine (2 tbsp), cut into pieces|
|500||g||Cake flour (4 x 250 ml / 4 cups)|
|7||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 stick pack)|
|205||g||Chakalaka tin, medium hot ( ½ tin of the 410g)|
- Remove the pan from the bread machine.
- Make sure the paddle is in position and secure.
- Place the lukewarm water, salt, sugar and margarine into the pan.
- Add the flour and insert the pan into the bread machine.
- Make a shallow well in the flour and add the Anchor Instant Yeast
- Switch the machine on and press menu 1 – Basic setting.
- Select 900 g/1 lb/1.5 lb size loaf and medium colour settings.
- Check selections and press start.
- After mixing the machine allows for a resting period. A beeping sound indicates the start of the knocking down period. Allow to continue for 5 minutes. Open lid and remove dough to shape. Let machine run until it stops, allowing you 15 minutes for shaping.
- Roll the dough into a long strand and cut into 32 pieces. Coat each piece with Chakalaka and arrange the pieces in layers in the pan, until all pieces have been coated. Close lid and allow the machine to continue with cycle.
- When the cycle is complete, remove pan and cool for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool.