|240||g||Cake flour (2 cups)|
|2||ml||Salt (¼ tsp)|
|60||ml||Castor sugar (4 tbsp)|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)|
|125||ml||Lukewarm milk (½ cup)|
|60||ml||Lukewarm water (¼ cup)|
|2||Large eggs, beaten|
|30||ml||Liqueur (2 tbsp)|
Bring 250 ml (1 cup) of water, 185 ml (¾ cup) sugar and
45ml liqueur (3 tbsp) to the boil. Pour over the Savarin, whilst still hot.
- Mix flour, salt and castor sugar together. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Mix milk, margarine, water and beaten egg together and add to the flour mixture to form a batter. Beat the batter until smooth. Cover with greased plastic and rest for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Knock the batter down, add the liqueur and stir.
- Pour the batter into a greased 20 cm ring pan, cover with greased plastic and leave in a warm place to rise, about 20 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C / 350 °F for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Turn out of the pan and drizzle the syrup over the Savarin, until well soaked.
- Place on a serving plate and decorate with whipped cream, fresh fruit and nuts.