|125||ml||Lukewarm water (½ cup)|
|80||ml||Milk (⅓ cup)|
|5||ml||Salt (1 tsp)|
|60||ml||Sugar (4 tbsp)|
|60||g||Margarine, cut into pieces|
|420||g||Cake flour (3½ cups)|
|7||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 stick pack)|
|140||g||Raisins (200 ml)|
|Milk to brush|
|Sugar, to sprinkle|
|Sugar water glaze, to brush: Mix and heat 100 g (250 ml) sugar with 125 ml (½ cup) water|
- Remove the pan from the bread machine.
- Make sure the paddle is in position and secure.
- Place the lukewarm water, milk, egg, salt, sugar and margarine into the pan.
- Add the flour and insert the pan into the bread machine.
- Make a shallow well in the flour and add the Anchor Instant Yeast.
- Switch the machine on and press menu 5 – Sweet setting.
- Select 900g/1 lb/1.5lb size loaf and light colour settings.
- Check selections and press start.
- When the cycle reaches the knocking down period the machine will indicate with a beep sound that extra ingredients can be added. Open the lid and add the raisins. Close lid and allow the machine to continue with cycle.
- Optional: When the time indicates 1h15, open the lid and carefully brush the top lightly with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Close lid gently.
- When the cycle is complete, remove pan and cool for 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack and brush with the glaze for a shiny finish.
Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar, before baking. Crust will be golden.