|125||ml||Lukewarm water (½ cup)|
|100||ml||Lukewarm milk (⅓ cup + 20 ml)|
|60||ml||Olive oil (4 tbsp)|
|10||ml||Salt (2 tsp)|
|5||ml||Nutmeg (1 tsp)|
|200||g||Cooked mashed potato (2 cups)|
|500||g||Cake flour (4 x 250 ml / 4 cups)|
|7||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 stick pack)|
|Beaten egg, to brush|
- Remove the pan from the bread machine.
- Make sure the paddle is in position and secure.
- Place the lukewarm water, milk, olive oil, salt, nutmeg, prepared mashed potato and onion into the pan.
- Add the flour and insert the pan into the bread machine.
- Make a shallow well in the flour and add the Anchor Instant Yeast.
- Switch the machine on and press menu 1 – Basic setting.
- Select 900g/1 lb/1.5lb size loaf and medium colour settings.
- Check selections and press start.
- Optional: When the time indicates 1h15, open the lid and carefully brush the top with beaten egg. Close lid gently.
- When the cycle is complete, remove pan and cool for 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack and allow to cool.