|125||ml||Lukewarm water (½ cup)|
|80||ml||Milk (⅓ cup)|
|5||ml||Vanilla essence (1 tsp)|
|3||ml||Salt (½ tsp)|
|60||ml||Brown sugar (4 tbsp)|
|60||ml||Golden syrup (¼ cup)|
|80||g||Margarine, cut into pieces|
|200||g||Peanut butter (½ jar)|
|500||g||Cake flour (4 x 250 ml / 4 cups)|
|2 x 7||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (2 stick packs)|
|60||ml||Rolled oats (4 tbsp)|
|60||ml||Coconut (4 tbsp)|
|45||ml||Sprinkle nuts (3 tbsp)|
|5||ml||Bicarbonate of soda (1 tsp)|
|Sugar water glaze, to brush: Mix and heat 100 g (250 ml) sugar with 125 ml (½ cup) water|
- Remove the pan from the bread machine.
- Make sure the paddle is in position and secure.
- Place the lukewarm water, milk, vanilla, egg, salt, brown sugar, golden syrup, margarine and peanut butter into the pan.
- Add the flour and insert the pan into the bread machine.
- Make a shallow well in the flour and add the Anchor Instant Yeast.
- Switch the machine on and press menu 5 – Sweet setting.
- Select 900g/1 lb/1.5lb size loaf and light colour settings.
- Check selections and press start.
- When the cycle reaches the knocking down period the machine will indicate with a beep sound that extra ingredients can be added. Open the lid and add the oats, coconut, sprinkle nuts and bicarbonate of soda. Close lid and allow the machine to continue with cycle.
- When the cycle is complete, remove pan and cool for 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack and allow to cool. Brush with the sugar water glaze for an extra shine.