|500||g||Cake flour (4 x 250 ml / 4 cups)|
|10||ml||Salt (2 tsp)|
|5||ml||Sugar (1 tsp)|
|45||g||Margarine (3 tbsp)|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)|
|300||ml||Lukewarm water (approx. 1¼ cups)|
|Grated cheese, to sprinkle|
|Flour, to dust|
- Mix all dry ingredients together, then rub the margarine into the flour with the fingertips. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Add enough lukewarm water to form a soft dough and knead the dough well until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, cover with greased plastic and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Knock the dough down and divide into 13 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a round ball and place 3 balls onto a greased baking tray, next to each other, in the shape of a clover leaf. Place the 10 remaining balls around the clover leaf, to form a circle.
- Brush with water and sprinkle alternatively with flour and grated cheese.
- Cover with greased plastic and allow to rise in a warm place until double in volume, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C / 400 °F for 25 – 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Follow steps 1 to 3 for Party Wheel. Place dough balls into a large round cake tin. Melt 60 g (4 tbsp) margarine and add 10 ml (2 tsp) crushed garlic and 5 ml (1 tsp) chopped parsley or dried herbs. Pour over the rolls and follow steps 4 to 6 of the above recipe.