|125||ml||Lukewarm water (½ cup)|
|80||ml||Milk (⅓ cup)|
|5||ml||Salt (1 tsp)|
|5||ml||Sugar (1 tsp)|
|420||g||Cake flour (3½ cups)|
|7||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 stick pack)|
|30||ml||Marmite (2 tbsp)|
|125||ml||Cheddar cheese (½ cup), grated|
|Flour, to dust|
- Remove the pan from the bread machine.
- Make sure the paddle is in position and secure.
- Place the lukewarm water, milk, egg, salt, sugar and margarine into the pan.
- Add the flour and insert the pan into the bread machine.
- Make a shallow well in the flour and add the Anchor Instant Yeast.
- Switch the machine on and press menu 1 – Basic setting.
- Select 900g/1 lb/1.5lb size loaf and light colour settings.
- Check selections and press start.
- After mixing the machine allows for a resting period. A beeping sound indicates the start of the knocking down period. Allow to continue for 5 minutes. Open lid and remove dough to shape. Let machine run until it stops, allowing you 15 minutes for shaping.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle the width of the bread pan. Spread Marmite evenly over the surface of the dough and sprinkle with cheese. Roll the rectangle up and place the roll into the pan, patting it over the paddle. Close lid and allow the machine to continue with cycle.
- When the time indicates 1h15, open the lid and carefully cut three slits over the top. Dust the top with flour. Close lid gently.
- When the cycle is complete, remove pan and cool for 10 minutes. Turn out and allow to cool.