|125||ml||Lukewarm water (½ cup)|
|80||ml||Lukewarm milk (⅓ cup)|
|5||ml||Salt (1 tsp)|
|60||ml||Sugar (4 tbsp)|
|60||g||Margarine, cut into pieces|
|420||g||Cake flour (3½ cups)|
|7||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 stick pack)|
|Beaten egg, to brush|
|Poppy & Sesame seeds, to sprinkle|
|Sugar water glaze to brush: Mix and heat 100 g (250 ml) sugar with 125 ml (½ cup) water|
- Remove the pan from the bread machine.
- Make sure the paddle is in position and secure.
- Place the lukewarm water, milk, egg, salt, sugar and margarine into the pan.
- Add the flour and insert the pan into the bread machine.
- Make a shallow well in the flour and add the Anchor Instant Yeast.
- Switch the machine on and press menu 5 – Sweet setting.
- Select 900g/1 lb/1.5lb size loaf and light colour settings.
- Check selections and press start.
- After mixing the machine allows for a resting period. A beeping sound indicates the start of the knocking down period. Allow to continue for 5 minutes. Open lid and remove dough to shape. Let machine run until it stops, allowing you 15 minutes for shaping.
- Divide dough into 3 equal pieces, and roll each piece into a strand (20 cm long). Press the 3 strands together on the one end, plait and press the ends together. Fold the two ends towards each other to fit width of pan. Place into pan patting it over the paddle. Close lid and allow machine to continue cycle.
- Optional: When the time indicates 1h15, open the lid and carefully brush the plait lightly with beaten egg and sprinkle with Poppy and Sesame seeds. Close lid gently.
- When the cycle is complete, remove pan and cool for 10 minutes. Turn out and brush with the glaze for a shiny finish.