Home Made Bread In Under An Hour
Basic Dough Recipe
Makes: 1 Bread
Oven: 200 °C / 400 °F
Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 500g Cake flour (4 x 250 ml / 4 cups)
- 10ml Salt (2 tsp)
- 15ml Honey (1tbsp)
- 10g Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)
- 375ml Cold water (1½ cups)
- 30ml Oil (2 tbsp)
- Mix flour, salt and sugar together. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Mix the water and oil together and add to the flour mixture to form soft dough. If the dough is too dry and firm, add about 10 – 20 ml extra water. The dough must be soft and pliable.
- Knead the dough well for 10 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, cover with greased plastic and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Knock the dough down, press by hand, or roll out into a rectangle. The length, about 20 cm and the width – about the width of the pan.
- Roll the dough up in the width and place the roll, with the seal, towards the bottom into a lightly greased 1,5-litre-bread pan.
- Cover with greased plastic and rise in a warm place for about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Brush with water and bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C / 400 °F for 30 – 35 minutes, or until golden brown and hollow when tapped with the knuckles.