|250||ml||Lukewarm water (1 cup)|
|60||ml||Oil (¼ cup)|
|5||ml||Salt (1 tsp)|
|5||ml||Sugar (1 tsp)|
|10||ml||Crushed garlic (2 tsp)|
|5||ml||Mixed dried herbs (1 tsp) or 30 ml fresh herbs of choice, chopped (2 tbsp)|
|360||g||Cake flour (3 x 250 ml / 3 cups)|
|120||g||Mealie meal (250 ml / 1 cup)|
|7||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 stick pack)|
|Beaten egg, to brush|
- Remove the pan from the bread machine.
- Make sure the paddle is in position and secure.
- Place the lukewarm water, oil, salt, sugar, garlic and mixed herbs/fresh herbs into the pan.
- Add the flour and mealie meal and insert the pan into the bread machine.
- Make a shallow well in the flour and add the Anchor Instant Yeast
- Switch the machine on and press menu 1 – Basic setting.
- Select 900 g/1 lb/1.5 lb size loaf and light colour settings.
- Check selections and press start.
- Optional: When the time indicates 1h15, open the lid and carefully brush the top lightly with beaten egg. Close lid gently.
- When the cycle is complete, remove pan and cool for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool.