|1||Orange, cut in half, juice and keep the orange half skin (1 cup juice)|
|125||ml||Brown sugar (½ cup)|
|60||ml||Honey (¼ cup)|
|2||ml||Allspice (¼ tsp)|
|2 x 10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (2 packets)|
|1||Bottle red wine (1 x 750 ml), not expensive|
|60||ml||Brandy (¼ cup)|
- Mix orange juice, brown sugar, honey, allspice, cardomons, star anise and cinnamon stick together in a saucepan and bring to the boil, whilst stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Stick the whole cloves into the orange peel halves and add to the simmering mixture.
- Simmer for a further 30 minutes, making sure the heat is not too high.
- Add the Anchor Instant Yeast, red wine and brandy and heat through.
- Remove the clove-studded orange halves.
- Preheat mugs or glasses in warm water to prevent glasses to crack or break.
- Serve the Gluhwein in warmed up glasses and enjoy!
The Anchor Yeast adds to the flavour, with a full-rounded smooth experience.