|500||g||Cake flour (4 x 250 ml / 4 cups)|
|5||ml||Salt (1 tsp)|
|60||ml||Sugar (4 tbsp)|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)|
|125||ml||Warm milk (½ cup)|
|125||ml||Cold water (½ cup)|
|1||Large egg. beaten|
|1||Beaten egg, to brush|
|125||ml||Red cherries, chopped (½ cup)|
|125||ml||Green cherries, chopped (½ cup)|
|125||ml||Dried fruit mix (½ cup)|
|60||ml||Cinnamon sugar (4 tbsp)|
Sugar Water Glaze:
Mix 250 ml (1 cup) sugar and 125 ml (½ cup) water together in a saucepan and boil over low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Mix all dry ingredients together and rub the margarine into the flour. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Mix milk, water and beaten egg together and add liquid to the dry ingredients to form soft dough. Knead the dough well until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, cover with greased plastic and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Knock the dough down and roll dough into a large rectangle, about 20 x 50 cm. Brush the dough with beaten egg and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, cherries and fruit.
- Cut the dough into equal 2 cm strips, lengthwise. Transfer one strip onto another, making sure to layer the dough and the filling. Pat the layers lightly together.
- Start with one end of a strip and roll the strip into a round shape. Continue with the next strip where the last strip ended until all the strips have been used. Tuck the end of the last strip under the cake to secure.
- Place onto a lightly greased baking tray, cover with greased plastic and rise in a warm place for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Brush lightly with beaten egg and bake in a preheated oven at 180 ˚C / 350 ˚F for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Brush with the sugar water glaze, whilst warm.
Place melted chocolate into a piping bag with a small nozzle and make chocolate shapes on baking paper. Allow to set and keep refrigerated. Place chocolate shapes on flan, when ready to serve.