|300||ml||Cold water (1¼ cup)|
|10||ml||Salt (2 tsp)|
|30||ml||Sugar (2 tbsp)|
|500||g||White bread flour (4 x 250 ml / 4 cups)|
|7||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 stick pack)|
|Water, to brush|
|Flour, to dust or Sesame/Poppy seeds, to sprinkle|
- Remove the pan from the bread machine.
- Make sure the paddle is in position and secure.
- Place cold water, salt and sugar into the pan.
- Add the flour and insert the pan into the bread machine.
- Make a shallow well in the flour and add the Anchor Instant Yeast.
- Switch the machine on and press menu 2 – French setting.
- Select 900g/1 lb/1.5lb size loaf and light colour settings.
- Check selections and press start
Optional: When the time indicates 1h15, open the lid and make 3 slits across the
top, with a sharp knife. Brush lightly with water and dust with flour or sprinkle with
seeds. Close lid gently.
When the cycle is complete, remove pan and cool for 10 minutes. Turn out onto
wire rack and allow to cool.