|360||g||Cake flour (3 x 250 ml / 3 cups)|
|55||g||Rolled oats (150 ml)|
|10||ml||Salt (2 tsp)|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)|
|330||ml||Lukewarm water (1⅓ cup) (⅓ warm water and ⅔ cold water)|
|60||ml||Honey (4 tbsp)|
|15||ml||Oil (1 tbsp)|
|1||Large egg, beaten|
|Melted butter, to brush|
|Rolled oats, to sprinkle|
- Mix flour, rolled oats and salt together. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Mix the lukewarm water, honey and oil together and add the beaten egg.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture to form a soft dough. Mix well until the flour is thoroughly blended in, to form a batter.
- Cover with greased plastic and leave to rest for 10 minutes. The dough should have sponged up.
- Knock the batter down and press the dough into a lightly greased 1,5-litre-bread pan. Spread the dough evenly into the pan by wetting a spoon and using the back of the spoon to smooth out the surface.
- Cover with greased plastic and rise in a warm place for about 10 – 20 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter, sprinkle with rolled oats and bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C / 400 °F for 40 – 45 minutes, or until golden brown and well baked through. Turn the oven off and leave the bread in the oven for a further 10 minutes to dry out – this will extend the shelf life of the bread.
No-Knead doughs are thicker than batters but not as firm as kneaded doughs. The dough can be pressed into the pans, or refrigerated in a plastic bag and then shaped. Most refrigerated doughs are no-knead doughs. They contain sufficient sugar and can be chilled for 3 days. No-knead doughs are usually used for Breads, Rolls or Buns.
The dough is mixed, kneaded and shaped all at once. The panned loaves are then refrigerated for 2 – 12 hours and baked as required. Coolrise dough differs from other refrigeratrated doughs which are chilled before shaping and then allowed to rise before baking.