|330||ml||Lukewarm water / barley wine or stout (1⅓ cup)|
|5||ml||Salt (1 tsp)|
|5||ml||Cocoa powder (1 tsp)|
|20||ml||Coffee powder (4 tsp)|
|20||ml||Caraway seed (4 tsp)|
|45||ml||Oil (3 tbsp)|
|60||ml||Molasses (4 tbsp)|
|200||g||Rye flour (1¾ cups)|
|150||g||Cake flour (1½ cups)|
|150||g||Whole-wheat flour (1½ cups)|
|7||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 stick pack)|
|Salted water mix: Mix 2 tbsp, water with 1 tsp salt, to brush|
|Caraway seeds, to sprinkle|
- Remove the pan from the bread machine.
- Make sure the paddle is in position and secure.
Place the lukewarm water, salt, cocoa powder, coffee powder, caraway seed, oil
and molasses into the pan.
- Add the 3 different flours and insert the pan into the bread machine.
- Make a shallow well in the flour and add the Anchor Instant Yeast.
- Switch the machine on and press menu 1 – Basic setting.
- Select 900g/1 lb/1.5lb size loaf and medium colour settings.
- Check selections and press start.
Optional: When the time indicates 1h15, open the lid and make 3 slits across
the top, with a sharp knife. Brush lightly with a salted water mix and sprinkle with
caraway seeds. Close lid gently.
When the cycle is complete, remove pan and cool for 10 minutes. Turn out onto
wire rack and allow to cool.