|360||g||Cake flour (3 x 250 ml / 3 cups)|
|5||ml||Salt (1 tsp)|
|60||ml||Sugar (4 tbsp)|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)|
|2||Large eggs, beaten|
|Beaten egg, to brush|
|100||g||Ground hazelnuts or almonds|
|30||ml||Castor sugar (2 tbsp)|
|5||ml||Cinnamon (1 tsp)|
|30||ml||Syrup or honey (2 tbsp)|
|100||g||Dark baking chocolate, melted|
|Icing sugar, to dust|
- Mix the flour, salt and sugar together.
- Rub the butter into the mixture, keeping aside a few pieces of butter. Don’t rub in too finely to resemble breadcrumbs (should be coarse).
- Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Mix the water and beaten eggs together, add to the flour mixture and mix gently to form a crumbly dough.
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover with greased plastic and refrigerate for 12 – 24 hours.
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling until smooth and keep cold.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface to a thickness of about 5 mm. (Sprinkle flour onto the work surface as well as onto the pastry, if necessary)
- Cut the pastry into strips of 10 cm and then cut squares of 10 cm x 10 cm. Place a spoonful of filling onto each square and wet the corners with water. Fold the corners up to form a parcel and seal well.
- Cut small shapes – leaves, squares or rounds with a cookie cutter, wet the top of the parcel and place on top to finish off neatly.
- Place pastries on a lightly greased baking tray, cover with greased plastic and rise in a warm place for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Brush gently and evenly with beaten egg and bake in a preheated oven at 180 ˚C / 350 ˚F for 15 – 20 minutes
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and dust with icing sugar.
This easy Danish Pastry can be used for any of the pastry recipes, including Croissants.