|500||g||Cake flour (4 x 250ml / 4 cups)|
|10||ml||Salt (2 tsp)|
|60||ml||Sugar (4 tbsp)|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)|
|250||ml||Warm milk (1 cup)|
|375||ml||Cold water (1½ cups)|
|30||ml||Oil (2 tbsp)|
|30||ml||Vinegar (2 tbsp)|
|3||ml||Bicarbonate of soda (½ tsp)|
|125||ml||Warm milk (½ cup)|
|Oil, to fry|
|Fresh cream, whipped|
- Mix flour, salt and sugar together. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Combine warm milk, water, oil and vinegar together and add to the flour mixture to form a batter. Mix well, cover with greased plastic and rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in the warm milk add to the mix.
- Heat a little oil in a fry pan and pour spoonfuls into the pan. Fry until bubbles appear, turn over and fry until golden.
- Serve with whipped cream and strawberry jam.
The mixture can be refrigerated for a week until further use.