|410||g||Whole kernel corn, drained and liquid reserved)|
|125||ml||Kernel liquid (½ cup)|
|60||ml||Water (¼ cup)|
|60||ml||Lukewarm milk (¼ cup)|
|60||g||Margarine, cut into pieces|
|10||ml||Salt (2 tsp)|
|3||ml||Cayenne pepper (½ tsp)|
|500||g||Cake flour (4 x 250 ml / 4 cups)|
|7||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 stick pack)|
|125||ml||Cheddar cheese, grated|
|Beaten egg, to brush|
|Cheddar cheese, to sprinkle|
|Cayenne pepper, to sprinkle|
- Remove the pan from the bread machine.
- Make sure the paddle is in position and secure.
- Place the kernel liquid, water, milk, margarine, salt and cayenne pepper into the pan.
- Add the flour and insert the pan into the bread machine.
- Make a shallow well in the flour and add the Anchor Instant Yeast.
- Switch the machine on and press menu 1 – Basic setting.
- Select 900g/1 lb/1.5lb size loaf and light colour settings.
- Check selections and press start.
- When the cycle reaches the knocking down period the machine will indicate with a beep sound that extra ingredients can be added. Open the lid and add the Cheddar cheese and kernel corn. Close lid and allow the machine to continue with cycle.
- Optional: When the time indicates 1h15, open the lid and carefully brush the top with beaten egg. Sprinkle with a little cheese and cayenne pepper. Close lid gently.
- When cycle is complete, remove pan and cool for 5 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack and allow to cool.