|500||g||Cake flour (4 x 250 ml / 4 cups)|
|10||ml||Salt (1 tsp)|
|5||ml||Sugar (1 tsp)|
|45||g||Margarine (3 tbsp)|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)|
|1||Lukewarm water (1¼ cup)|
|300||g||Spinach, coarsely chopped and steamed|
|125||g||Rindless bacon, chopped and fried|
|100||g||Mozzarella cheese, grated (250 ml) (1 cup)|
|Seasoning, to taste|
|Oil, to brush|
|Flour, to sprinkle|
- Mix all dry ingredients together, then rub the margarine into the flour with the fingertips. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Add enough lukewarm water to form a soft dough and knead the dough well until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, cover with greased plastic and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Knock the dough down, divide in half and roll each piece into an oval shape, 5 mm (¼ inch) thick. Roll the one piece slightly larger than the other.
- Mix the filling ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Place the smaller oval onto a greased baking tray and spread the filling evenly over it. Season to taste.
- Cover the filling with the large oval and tuck the edge of the top layer under the edge of the smaller oval.
- Brush with oil and cut the top with a knife. Cover with greased plastic and allow to rise in a warm place until double in volume, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Dust with flour and bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C / 400 °F for 25 – 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Mix together 250 ml (1 cup) crumbled Feta cheese, 250 ml (1 cup) Mozzarella cheese and 250 g Blue cheese for a Three Cheese Flat Bread.
- Spread the surface of the oval with 250 g flavoured Cream cheese and place a layer of sliced cooked ham on top. Sprinkle with 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped chives and 100 g (250 ml) grated Mozzarella cheese for a Ham and Cheese Flat Bread.