|80||ml||Lukewarm water (⅓ cup)|
|80||ml||Lukewarm milk (⅓ cup)|
|5||ml||Salt (1 tsp)|
|60||ml||Sugar (4 tbsp)|
|60||g||Margarine, cut into pieces|
|60||ml||Almonds, chopped (4 tbsp)|
|420||g||Cake flour (3½ cups)|
|7||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 stick pack)|
|125||g||Baking/cooking chocolate, cut into pieces or melted|
|Beaten egg, to brush|
Sugar water glaze, to brush:
Mix and heat 100 g (250 ml), sugar with 125 ml (½ cup) water
- Remove the pan from the bread machine.
- Make sure the paddle is in position and secure.
Place the lukewarm water, milk, egg, salt, sugar, margarine and chopped almonds
into the pan.
- Add the flour and insert the pan into the bread machine.
- Make a shallow well in the flour and add the Anchor Instant Yeast.
- Switch the machine on and press menu 5 – Sweet setting.
- Select 900g/1 lb/1.5lb size loaf and light colour settings.
- Check selections and press start.
- When the cycle reaches the resting period, allow the knocking down of the dough for about 5 minutes. Open the lid and remove the dough. Let the machine run – this knock down is for about 15 min.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle the width of the bread pan. Sprinkle the chocolate over the surface of the dough and roll the dough up. Place the roll into the pan, patting it over the paddle. Close lid and allow the machine to continue with cycle.
- Optional: When the time indicates 1h15, open the lid and carefully brush the top lightly with beaten egg. Close lid gently.
- When the cycle is complete, remove pan and cool for 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack and brush with glaze for a shiny finish.