|125||ml||Lukewarm water (½ cup)|
|80||ml||Plain yoghurt (⅓ cup)|
|5||ml||Salt (1 tsp)|
|5||ml||Sugar (1 tsp)|
|3||ml||Cayenne pepper (½ tsp)|
|420||g||Cake flour (3½ cups)|
|7||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 stick pack)|
|125||ml||Cheddar cheese, grated (½ cup)|
|10||ml||Fresh chilli, chopped|
|Beaten egg, to brush|
|Grated cheese, to sprinkle|
- Remove the pan from the bread machine.
- Make sure the paddle is in position and secure.
Place the lukewarm water, yoghurt, egg, salt, sugar, cayenne pepper and
margarine into the pan.
- Add the flour and insert the pan into the bread machine.
- Make a shallow well in the flour and add the Anchor Instant Yeast.
- Switch the machine on and press menu 1 – Basic setting.
- Select 900g/1 lb/1.5lb size loaf and light colour settings.
- Check selections and press start.
When the cycle reaches the knocking down period the machine will indicate with
a beep sound that extra ingredients can be added. Open the lid and add the cheese and chilli.
Close the lid and allow the machine to continue with the cycle.
Optional: When the time indicates 1h15, open the lid and carefully brush the top
lightly with beaten egg and sprinkle with grated cheese. Close lid gently.
When the cycle is complete, remove pan and cool for 10 minutes. Turn out onto
wire rack and allow to cool.