|125||ml||Lukewarm water (½ cup)|
|80||ml||Milk (⅓ cup)|
|5||ml||Almond essence (1 tsp)|
|3||ml||Salt (½ tsp)|
|125||ml||Sugar (½ cup)|
|80||g||Margarine, cut into pieces|
|500||g||Cake flour (4 x 250 ml / 4 cups)|
|2 x 7||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (2 stick packs)|
|60||ml||Chopped green cherries (4 tbsp)|
|60||ml||Chopped red cherries (4 tbsp)|
|45||ml||Chopped almonds (3 tbsp)|
|Beaten egg, to brush chopped cherries & almonds, to sprinkle|
Sugar water glaze, to brush:
Mix and heat 100 g (250 ml), sugar with 125 ml (½ cup) water
- Remove the pan from the bread machine.
- Make sure the paddle is in position and secure.
Place the lukewarm water, milk, almond essence, egg, salt, sugar, cinnamon and margarine into the
- Add the flour and insert the pan into the bread machine.
- Make a shallow well in the flour and add the Anchor Instant Yeast.
- Switch the machine on and press menu 5 – Sweet setting.
- Select 900g/1 lb/1.5lb size loaf and light colour settings.
- Check selections and press start.
- When the cycle reaches the knocking down period, the machine will indicate with a beep sound that extra ingredients can be added. Open the lid and add the cherries and almonds. Close the lid and allow the machine to continue with the cycle.
- Optional: When the time indicates 1h15, open the lid and carefully brush the top lightly with beaten egg. Sprinkle the cherries and almonds. Close the lid gently.
- When the cycle is complete, remove pan and cool for 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack and brush with sugar water glaze for an extra shine.