|125||ml||Lukewarm water (½ cup)|
|80||ml||Lukewarm milk (⅓ cup)|
|5||ml||Salt (1 tsp)|
|60||ml||Sugar (4 tbsp)|
|60||g||Margarine, cut into pieces|
|420||g||Cake flour (3½ cups)|
|7||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 stick pack)|
|60||g||Thick ready-made custard (¼ cup)|
|30||ml||Cinnamon sugar (2 tbsp)|
|75||g||Dried fruit cake mix (125 ml)|
|Beaten egg, to brush|
Sugar water glaze, to brush:
Mix and heat 100 g (250 ml), sugar with 125 ml (½ cup) water
- Remove the pan from the bread machine.
- Make sure the paddle is in position and secure.
Place the lukewarm water, milk, egg, salt, sugar, cinnamon and margarine into the
- Add the flour and insert the pan into the bread machine.
- Make a shallow well in the flour and add the Anchor Instant Yeast.
- Switch the machine on and press menu 5 – Sweet setting.
- Select 900g/1 lb/1.5lb size loaf and light colour settings.
- Check selections and press start.
After mixing the machine allows for a resting period. A beeping sound indicates the
start of the knocking down period. Allow to continue for 5 minutes. Open lid and
remove dough to shape. Let machine run until it stops, allowing you 15 minutes for
Roll the dough into a square, spread with thick custard and sprinkle with dried fruit
and cinnamon sugar. Roll the dough up and cut into 16 equal slices. Pack the slices
into the pan, layer by layer. Close lid and allow machine to continue with cycle.
Optional: When the time indicates 1h15, open the lid and carefully brush the top
lightly with beaten egg. Close lid gently.
When the cycle is complete, remove pan and cool for 10 minutes. Turn out onto
wire rack and brush with the glaze for a shiny finish.