|80||ml||Lukewarm water (⅓ cup)|
|2||Large eggs, beaten|
|3||ml||Salt (½ tsp)|
|125||ml||Sugar (½ cup)|
|5||ml||Cumin (1 tsp)|
|80||g||Margarine, cut into pieces|
|500||g||Cake flour (4 x 250 ml) (4 cups)|
|7||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 stick pack)|
|60||ml||Walnuts (4 tbsp), chopped|
|2||Carrots, finely grated|
|Beaten egg, to brush|
- Remove the pan from the bread machine.
- Make sure the paddle is in position and secure.
- Place the lukewarm water, milk, egg, salt, sugar, cumin and margarine into the pan.
- Add the flour and insert the pan into the bread machine.
- Make a shallow well in the flour and add the Anchor Instant Yeast
- Switch the machine on and press menu 5 – sweet setting.
- Select 900 g/1 lb/1.5 lb size loaf and light colour settings.
- Check selections and press start.
- When the cycle reaches the knocking down period the machine will indicate with a beep sound that extra ingredients can be added. Open the lid and add the chopped walnuts and grated carrot. Close the lid and allow the machine to continue with the cycle.
- Optional: When the time indicates 1h15, open the lid and carefully brush the top lightly with beaten egg. Close lid gently.
- When the cycle is complete, remove pan and cool for 10 minutes. Turn out and cool onto wire rack and allow to cool.
Serve as a bread or cut into squares and serve with cream cheese topping.
Mix 1 tub of cream cheese with 250 ml icing sugar. The mixture must be soft, but firm.