|420||g||Cake flour (875 ml / 3½ cups)|
|5||ml||Salt (1 tsp)|
|60||ml||Sugar (4 tbsp)|
|60||g||Margarine (4 tbsp)|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)|
|125||ml||Lukewarm milk (½ cup)|
|1||Large egg (beaten)|
|80||ml||Lukewarm water (approx. ⅓ cup)|
|125||g||Margarine, melted (125 ml / ½ cup)|
|100||g||Brown sugar (125 ml / ½ cup)|
|60||ml||Honey (4 tbsp)|
|100||g||Walnuts, chopped (250 ml / 1 cup)|
|Egg, to brush|
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and rub the margarine into the flour with the fingertips. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Mix lukewarm milk and beaten egg together and add with enough lukewarm water to form a soft dough.
- Knead the dough well until smooth and shiny, about 10 minutes.
- Cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add honey and walnuts and mix through.
- Knock the dough down and roll into a rectangle, 5 mm (1/4 inch) thick. Spread half the filling over the dough and roll the dough up, engthwise. Using a sharp knife, slice the roll into 8 equal slices.
- Place the slices, cut side down into a greased 23 cm-round-cake- tin. Start with one in the middle and arrange the remaining slices around it.
- Spread the rest of the filling on top of the dough, cover with greased plastic and allow to rise until double the volume, about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C / 350 °F for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with glaze.
Mix 100 g (250 ml) (1 cup) sugar and 125 ml (1/2 cup) water together in a saucepan and boil over low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously