|250||g||Whole-wheat Flour (2 x 250 ml / 2 cups)|
|250||g||Cake flour (2 x 250 ml / 2 cups)|
|10||ml||Salt (2 tsp)|
|20||ml||Sugar (2 tbsp)|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)|
|60||g||Margarine (4 tbsp)|
|125||ml||Warm milk (½ cup)|
|185||ml||Cold water (¾ cup)|
|Beaten egg, to brush|
- Mix flours, salt and sugar together. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Dissolve the margarine in the warm milk and add the cold water. Allow this mixture to cool down until lukewarm. Do not add whilst still warm to hot.
- Add enough milk mixture to the flour mixture to form soft dough. If the dough is still dry and firm add a little more flour, about 10 – 20 ml.
- Knead the dough until smooth and elastic, cover with greased plastic and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Knock the dough down and divide into 8 equal pieces, about 90 – 100 g. Roll each piece into a round ball and place on a greased baking tray.
- Cover with a greased plastic and allow to rise in a warm place for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Brush the top gently with beaten egg and bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C / 400 °F for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack. Once cooled down completely, cut the top of the roll off and hollow out the roll.
- Serve your soup of choice, in the roll.
Allow the hollowed out bread to dry. Liquidise and store in an airtight container. Use as breadcrumbs, when required.