|300||ml||Cold Water (1¼ cup)|
|10||ml||Salt (2 tsp)|
|30||ml||Sugar (2 tbsp)|
|60||g||Margarine (4 tbsp) (cut into pieces)|
|500||g||Brown bread flour (4 x 250 ml / 4 cups)|
|7||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 stick pack)|
- Remove the pan from the bread machine.
- Make sure the paddle is in position and secure.
- Place the cold water, salt, sugar and margarine into the pan.
- Add the flour and insert the pan into the bread machine.
- Make a shallow well in the flour and add the Anchor Instant Yeast
- Switch the machine on and press menu 1 – Basic setting.
- Select 900 g/1 lb/1.5 lb size loaf and medium colour settings.
- Check selections and press start.
- When the cycle is complete, remove pan and cool for 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack and allow to cool.
For a lighter texture, a combination of brown bread flour and cake flour can be used. Use equal quantities of each.