|500||g||Cake flour (4 x 250 ml / 4 cups)|
|10||ml||Salt (2 tsp)|
|60||ml||Sugar (4 tbsp)|
|10||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 packet)|
|125||ml||Warm milk (½ cup)|
|310||ml||Cold water (1 ¼ cup)|
|30||ml||Oil (2 tbsp)|
|2||Large eggs, beaten|
|125||ml||Cranberry health mix (dried cranberries, peanuts, almonds, raisins and pumpkin seeds)|
|Oil, to frying|
|125||ml||Fresh cream, whipped|
|Berry jam, to serve|
|100||g||Dark baking chocolate, melted|
- Mix the flour, salt and sugar together. Add the Anchor Instant Yeast and mix.
- Combine the warm milk, cold water, oil and beaten eggs together and add to the flour mixture to form a batter. Mix well until smooth.
- Cover the bowl with plastic and allow to rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Add the cranberry health mix and mix until well distributed.
- Heat a little oil in a fry pan; griddle or an electric fry pan and pour spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan. Fry until bubbles appear on the surface of the crumpets. Turn the crumpet over and fry until golden brown. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Serve warm with whipped cream, berry jam and melted chocolate.
Eggs may be substituted with vinegar in the case of non-egg users. Use 30 ml (2 tbsp) vinegar and 20 ml (4 tsp) water per egg. Mix as per the method and add in place of the egg.