|80||ml||Lukewarm Water (⅓ cup)|
|80||ml||Milk (⅓ cup)|
|5||ml||Vanilla essence (1 tsp)|
|2||Large eggs, beaten|
|3||ml||Salt (½ tsp)|
|60||ml||Brown sugar (¼ cup)|
|60||ml||Golden syrup (¼ cup)|
|5||ml||Cinnamon (1 tsp)|
|80||g||Margarine, cut into pieces|
|500||g||Cake flour (4 x 250 ml / 4 cups)|
|7||g||Anchor Instant Yeast (1 stick pack)|
|60||ml||Walnuts (4 tbsp), chopped|
|3||Overripe bananas, mashed|
|5||ml||Bicarbonate of soda (1 tsp)|
|Sugar water glaze, to brush:|
|Mix and heat 100 g (250 ml) sugar with 125 ml (½ cup) water|
- Remove the pan from the bread machine.
- Make sure the paddle is in position and secure.
- Place the lukewarm water, milk, vanilla, egg, salt, brown sugar, golden syrup, cinnamon and margarine into the pan.
- Add the flour and insert the pan into the bread machine.
- Make a shallow well in the flour and add the Anchor Instant Yeast
- Switch the machine on and press menu 5 – Sweet setting.
- Select 900 g/1 lb/1.5 lb size loaf and light colour settings.
- Check selections and press start.
- When the cycle reaches the knocking down period the machine will indicate with a beep sound that extra ingredients to be added. Open the lid and add the walnuts, banana and bicarbonate of soda. Close the lid and allow the machine to continue with the cycle.
- When the cycle is complete, remove pan and cool for 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack and brush with the sugar water glaze for an extra shine.