Starting Your Own Baking Business
What Do You Need To Know When Starting Your Own Business?
Attend A Baking Course
Start Your Own Baking Business
How To Charge Your Customers For Your Bakes
Hints And Tips For Running A Successful Business
- Baking For Profit – Basic Cost Calculator
As a business person you need to understand:
Remember that a business will have a greater chance of success if it is based on what the customer wants
To know your customer you must:
- Talk to customers.
- See what they require.
- Find out what they buy and why.
- Look at what they are buying from other people (your competition).
- Make a list of what they want, and then see how many of those you could provide.
Hints and Tips on how to be successful:
- Make a profit – There is no use in working hard and not making money. Go over your prices and make sure that you are keeping up with costs.
- Give value for money – If you over charge your customer, they will buy from your competition. Make sure that you are more or less in line with competitor prices and that your customers feel that they are getting value for their money.
- Deliver on time – Keep your promises. People will respect you and will depend on you as a reliable supplier. Every time you let a customer down, you will lose sales.
- Build relationships – Be on friendly terms with your customers. Get to know all your customers (if possible).
- Club together – It may be a good idea for you to get together with other small businesses.
- Shop wisely – Always purchase from a reliable store and ask for value for money offering and promotional discounts.
- Buy in cash if possible – When buying in cash, always ask for a cash discount.
For additional information and bookings, please contact the Anchor Yeast Training Centre on (011) 248-8364.